Background

Friday, May 10, 2013

A Good Day

The past two days have been better days. I am very grateful for that. After what I would call an emotional breakdown, I woke up yesterday in pain and tired, but after medication and a warm bath with aromatherapy, I felt a little better. I wasn't a good mom with my son like I was hoping to be yesterday, but I take each day one at a time hoping that things will get easier. I prayed last night that I would be needed and be able to help someone. Right now I don't feel like I can help anyone, I'm the one who's needed all the help and it can be really hard. God answered my prayer today, I was given an opportunity to help my family even though I am still weak and tired. I also was better and less short tempered with my son tonight and able to have a few minutes of time where I felt happy and willing to talk and listen to him tell me about his day. I cherish those moments with my little boy, especially those moments when I can tell him how much he means to me and he tells me in his sweet little voice that he loves me. I consider all of this to be a great day. I will keep praying to be a better, kinder, more patient mother and for more opportunities to help others because I know that when I am serving God and helping others, I am less likely to focus on my own problems or pain and It helps remind me what is truly important in life. I also know that it will help me heal emotionally, mentally, spiritually and physically. Good night all!

1 comment:

  1. I was just directed to your blog from a friend of yours. I'm currently in the middle of treatment also and completely understand and feel your pain and sadness. I would love to talk more and know who you are seeing and what meds you are taking.

    Check out my blog:

    Www.livininthelymelight.blogspot.com

    And you can find me on Facebook

    Jenna Dredge

    ReplyDelete