Background

Friday, March 29, 2013

Colds and Oils

Well my sweet little boy has come down with a cold. Doesn't sound all bad right? Except my immune system is shot right now and so I'm trying extra hard not to catch his cold, but also continue to be his mommy and take care of him while he is sick. It's a difficult juggle. We'll see what happens. I really don't need a cold right now on top of everything else, but at the same time, I cannot stay away from my child, especially when he doesn't feel well and wants to be near his mommy. I go into major "mommy mode" when he gets sick and want to do all I can to make him feel comfortable and try my best to help him get over it quickly. It's really interesting how automatic that response is for me. I am also hoping his cold doesn't damper our Easter Bunny celebration in the morning. We are having the Easter Bunny stuff on Saturday so that we can keep Sunday as a special day to think about the Savior, His life, atonement and resurrection. As for myself, I have started to increase my antibiotic dose per doctor orders. Today I feel more off balance, more fatigued, increased joint pain, and more nausea, but so far I have been able to keep everything in check with medications, warm baths, rest and I am also starting to love essential oils, using them, learning about them and what all they can do for the body. It's all very interesting. I used oils with my son tonight for his cold and there's something special about being able to take care of your child when they are sick using home remedies. I have been so sick in the past, it's been hard to keep up with home remedies and being consistent with them, so we always end up in the pediatricians office with a sinus infection or ear infection, or both. I'm bound and determined to feel better myself so I can be better at taking care of my family!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I am friends with Kelly Hesselgesser and she directed me to your blog because I too have Lyme Disease. I have been treated for a little over 2 years and I just have to tell you- IT GETS BETTER! I'd be really interested to talk a bit more in detail with you if you feel like it, my email is daniellephillipp (at) gmail (dot) com. I am so sorry you have to go through all of this- Lyme is SO HARD and it's even harder that people don't understand it and it can feel really lonely. Just know, you aren't alone and seriously email me if you need anything. Just from reading over some of your posts I can tell you are having a lot of herx reactions...are you doing a lot of things to detox? I really hope I'm not overstepping here- I just want to help if I can! There are lots of different ways to help detox that can really help alleviate the pain from die-offs. I'm sure you already know this. Just thought I'd say that incase you hadn't heard anything. Also, have you changed your diet at all? Cutting out gluten and sugar really really does make a huge difference. So anyway- if you feel like it feel free to email me! Again, I'm so sorry you are so sick. Stick with the treatments, you will get better! Hang in there :)

    ReplyDelete