Background

Saturday, June 8, 2013

IV Glutathione in Photos

Well it's IV Glutathione day for me. Most Lyme patients have to go into the Drs office to have this done once or twice a week, which is expensive! Lucky for me, my Dr trusts my medic skills and has allowed me to do this at home. I thought I'd give you a photo view of how it's done... Granted, I was doing this all by myself ad taking the photos by myself, so sorry for the bad shots and blurriness.

The supplies out on my bed:  

Paramedic Liana (just having a little fun)

Pulling up Glutathione in the syringe

Glut and Sterile Water mixed and ready to be infused

Tourniquet on and seeing a good AC Vein...


Butterfly needles I use (really different than what I'm used to using as a Medic)

It's a 25G (tiny) so it really just pinches)

And we are in the vein...

Infusing by myself is a juggle!

And bummer... The vein was bad (too damaged from so many sticks in the past) so I had to re-stick a second time in the wrist


Fun stuff... (Being mostly sarcastic... Though grateful for the practice of my medic skills)

This is embarrassing to a Paramedic, we pride ourselves in getting it on the first "stick"

Oh well! Such is life when your veins are shot!

Well in all, I'm really really grateful I can do this myself, it saves money, gas, time, and I don't have to go into Seattle twice a week. Another great thing... I've gone 5 days without glutathione (usually I can only go 3 or 4), so I'm praying I'm starting to turn a good corner on fighting this Lyme. Till next time!











No comments:

Post a Comment