Background

Friday, June 21, 2013

My Sweet Husband

I had this whole "woe is me" post planned out... it's been that kind of day today. But then I saw this new video that was just put out by my Church (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints), they put these "Mormon Message" videos up every once in a while (if you go back to post #1 on this blog, it's a Mormon message that explains my inspiration for the title of this blog). Anyways, I love these short videos they produce, they always end up making me cry and always seem to be something that I need to see at this particular moment in my life.

 
I watched this and just cried because even though we are not old, and my husband thankfully does not have to suffer from such shaky hands, we both relate to this very much right now. Never did my husband and I as teenage sweethearts in sweet bliss ever think that at 27 he'd be pushing me around in a wheelchair, carrying me up and down stairs, spoon feeding me when I am most ill, getting me food, ice, water, whatever I ask for, helping me in and out of the shower so I don't fall, helping me in and out of my clothing so I don't fall and so I don't have to work so hard, etc. But he has and still continues to do all that and much much more and he never complains. So here's to my Forever Sweetheart, thank you for being the amazing selfless man you are, I love you and I'm so blessed to have you in my life!

1 comment:

  1. Jordon is amazing to watch. I'm sure he'd rather not have the trials, just like you, but he bears them like the giant of a man that he is. I love that brother in law of mine. You are indeed blessed.

    ReplyDelete