Background

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Savior, Redeemer of My Soul

I'm Just having one of those days again... The kind where I feel like I've been dragged and beaten. But all is well, I know things will get better. It's days like today that I really miss my husband and my home. I can't wait to be back home again and get daily hugs and kisses from him no matter how good or bad I'm feeling. But it is also these days that make me stop and really reflect on my Savior Jesus Christ and try to remember that he knows and has felt all I am feeling. It's hard sometimes to imagine there is someone who knows you better than yourself and has felt everything you are feeling. I have to remind myself that he is my Brother in every definition of the word, and my Savior who died for ME so I can live with my Heavenly Father again. He is there for me when no one else is, when I find myself in the fox holes and trenches of life, he is always there beside me ready to help, all I have to do is just ask and allow him into my heart. There are two beautiful songs that I want to share this Sunday. They are songs I listen to that help get me through some of my darkest hours. The first is called "He'll Find a Way" By Dallyn Vail Bayles


 
 
The second is called "Savior, Redeemer of My Soul" Also performed by Dallyn Vail Bayles (excuse the Spanish in this video, I loved the pictures though).
 

 
(For anyone wondering: Dallyn Vail Bayles is a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, he also played Hyrum Smith in the most recent Joseph Smith movie. He truly has a beautiful voice. These videos are not mine, the paintings are mostly done by LDS artists.)
 
I wonder sometimes why it is so hard to let the Savior in our hearts and our lives. It is one of the hardest and yet one of the easiest things we can do in our lives. But I believe it's hard for us as mortal beings because we have to take that blind leap of faith and TRUST him that he will help us, that he won't hurt us, that he won't let us down. I think in the easiest definition, trust is what makes it so hard. I also wonder how we can have these moments in our lives when we come so close to the Savior and feel his presence near us, and can bear true witness of his divinity because we have felt it... and then within months or years later when all is well again in life, we can forget those feelings and easily forget him and shut him out of our lives. To all who are reading this and struggling, let Him into your heart and life, he is waiting to help you:
 
Let him hug you and hold you in your time of need:

 
He is always there to wipe away your tears:

 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Great post, Liana. Keep being strong. There is light at the end of the tunnel! xo

    ReplyDelete