Background

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Fighting Lyme in Photos

Well I had to say goodbye to my husband again as he came and visited and left again and I wasn't healthy enough to go home with him. It's frustrating beyond belief, and I don't feel much like writing today. So I figured I'd blog by pictures today showing a little of the ins and outs of trying to fight Lyme Disease:
 
Giving myself IV Glutathione (which helps clean out the liver and makes the Herxheimer die off reaction symptoms less severe)- my frustration in this picture is because my vein isn't happy with me... it's been poked too many times between my lyme treatments and my IVs I had for 3 months of ECT treatments last year. Lets just say that vein is very scarred. I ended up having to poke myself a second time in another arm.

 
Some of the supplements that keep me going each day and fight the die off reaction as the antibiotics kill the bacteria:

 
I'm pretty much a walking pharmacy right now... it's a pathetic sight to see

 
My evening dose of pills (morning is my biggest dose to gulp down)

 
Vitamin powder and d-ribose for shakes and electrolyte powder to keep me hydrated

 
That's all for now, I'm wishing I'd been better at taking more pictures when I was really sick, but you don't think about those sorts of things when lying in an ER ... Even though I feel down today, I can at least tell myself that things could be a whole lot worse, I'm grateful they aren't. So here's to still fighting!

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, I am friends with Kelly Hesselgesser...I commented on here once before. I just wanted to say I am so sorry- I have so been there and had HANDFULLS of pills to take multiple times a day and it is the worst. I just want to say it DOES get better and you will get better! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A picture says a thousand words. So sorry you have to wade through this... Or maybe I should say, so sorry you have to bear hug a tree as the floods try to rip you off and send you gasping down the river. "Wade" doesn't quite cut it.... :\ Love you tough lady.

    ReplyDelete